Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Muffin again!

Woooh! My ex-colleague, who is also my current neighbour is staying upstairs - expressed her interest to learn how to bake decent muffins. (She has actually popped by over the weekend with her new doggie and i have offered her my freshly baked muffin that have been made for my buddies. Hehee. Its the eggless muffin made with HL milk. She love it and it's with much delight!)

Since I am have cravings for chocolate today, I decided to let her try out with the remaining ingredients I have left in the fridge just enough for 12 more muffins and also let her try my lemon cheesecake.. Hoohoho, as I really can't finish it.. She is gonna be my saviour?

As she worked late, I have waited her her arrival till 9 plus. I brought out the Eggless muffins recipe posted by Shiyan and shown her how to weigh the ingredients using conversion table that JY has shared with me. After all sifting of plain flour, cocoa, raw sugar, baking powder, soda, salt is done - I have created a well and pour the melted butter, vinegar, HL milk and blend the batter till moist and even. Its really fun doing it together, during the midst of stirring, she is already hungry and i served my cheesecake with doubts whether she like it as its quite bitter due to the over-grated lemon zests. But with surprise, she finished the cake, as she likes lemon too. *Relieved* and with her encouragement that I will do it better the next round with lesser lemon, I am all ready to try it soon!! I am a green horn to baking and its great to share with her these simple steps that could result with yummie muffins ^^ Baked for 15mins, although we tested using the stick poking method to check if the stick comes out clean - I felt that its still not baked long enough. Therefore i placed it back to the oven for another 8mins =) It's looking great and firmer and I quickly remove it from the oven to cool. She has hastily brought back the muffins to try as her dog is waiting for her return and I decided to take some pictures. Hehehe..

Here's the outcome;

They taste better then the previous round! JJ said I have improved and he ate 3 muffins in a row. =D It felt so goood to have someone eating what you have made and claiming it's yummie. I felt so satisfied and filled with contentment. Within minutes, my neighbour msg-ed me and told me it's nice too.. her mom tried it and also said its good. And actually tot i went for baking classes before - i felt so joyous for having such a compliment as I am only a beginner. All thanks for Shiyan's fantastic recipe.
The muffins were not enough to pass around as she only took back 4. (herself,mom & her bf).. JJ ate 3 and I ate 2.. 3 are for breaky tml. Geez.. we will definately make more the next round!!

My neighbour's father actually open a bakery shop in JB. And yet she did not impart any of her his skills! Such a pity, I have ask her dad to drop by my nest if he is free when he return on sundays so that i can learn from him how to bake a decent loaf of bread without any breadmaker machine =) Hopefully the day will come soon!

We have decided to learn how to make bread pudding with almonds and chocolates the next round.. as she recalled doing that during sec sch days and remb it tastes great. Well, she has delegated the recipe hunting job to me and well, I hope I can get a good one online!

0 Thoughts of the day: