Monday, November 19, 2007

My First Bake! Brownie Muffin or Hard Rox Muffin??

It all started out with the Teka oven left behind by our home's ex-owner, who reminded me maintain it regularly..otherwise it might 'shut down' by itself in no time..

After giving much thoughts, i finally decided to pick up a few bakes after our love nest is up! Hmmm.. seems like it's all well-planned.. i got inspired by my newly met colleague - she is none other then JY who has given me so many blogs with recipes to start with and making me so excited that i can't wait for my painting of my nest to be completed! On the next day, i waited patiently for all my appliances to arrive.. without the fridge, i can't buy any butter or ingredients! Heehee, it's all exciting to get charged off for my first bake at my new nest!

Blessed by this recipe that i have gotten from HappyHomeBaker, setting up my newly bought mixer, laying my bowls and weighing all ingredients needed with my scale & cups and I am all ready to prepare this Chocolate Chip Brownie Muffins.

The recipe adopted, was for 6 muffins - but perhaps my muffin cases were not big enough, hence the batter turned out to be just nice to make 12. I was overjoyed when i saw that my muffins are rising inside the oven. *Hohoho*

Here's the outcome;

I was so anxious to check out how it tastes like, and guess what - within 2 mins after its out from the oven, i break it into half and took a bite.. Woooooh! I was filled with Joy..Cos It's EDIBLE!! hahaha =D After the muffins were cooled, JJ took one and tried. He said it's good too and comment the outer layer was crispy. But i think it's abit hard and rocky - hehee.. I am not sure if it's due to the eggs. As the eggs i have bought from ntuc were small, and i have used 3 small eggs instead of the stated 2 eggs in the recipe. Aniwae, I am still satisfied with the outcome! And we renamed my first bake as Hard Rox Muffin. Its was really a rewarding evening.. but slightly two hrs later, i have a sore throat - coz i wasn't patient enough and took the first bite too soon.. Lesson well learnt =(

I have brought some to office the next day to let my colleagues try them out. *Grinz* Though it's not fantastic, I just hope to get their comments. Gracious enough, are still considered edible to them!! I will try to finish up all the small eggs that i have bought and buy larger eggs for baking next time =)
=======================================================


Ingredients:
(makes 6 muffins, with diameter 2.5" by height 1.5" muffin cups)

80g butter, chopped into chunks
150g dark eating chocolate, chopped
100g sugar (the original recipe calls for 165g brown sugar)
2 eggs, lightly beaten - I have used 3 small eggs.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g plain flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
A handful of chocolate chips

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degC. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
  2. Sift together flour and cocoa powder, set aside.
  3. Place butter in a saucepan, melt over low heat. Once the butter starts to melt, add in the sugar. Stir to prevent sugar from getting burnt. Add in the chocolate and stir still smooth.
  4. Transfer chocolate mixture to a mixing bowl. Stir in the eggs gradually, followed by the vanilla extract, then the sifted flour & cocoa powder mixture. Stir till just incorporated.
  5. Divide batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 20 mins or until skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Do not over bake as the muffins may get dry.
=======================================================

1 Thoughts of the day:

Happy Homebaker said...

Hi Rox, when I read the title of your first post, I thot the muffins have gone hard! Luckily, the texture was actually alright! I use medium sized eggs actually. Try not to over bake these as the crust will become dry :) Looking foward to reading more of your bakes, and welcome to the baking world!