Sunday, November 25, 2007

Eggless Chocolate Muffin

Today is the day of arrival of my sofa and my buddies who will be coming over for a pot-luck session! *Hohohho*

Since they are already making; carrot & corn soup, potato salad, mango pudding, baked pasta. I decided to try out the eggless chocolate muffins that's easy to make as i have to complete this task swiftly :)

Easy Chocolate Muffins (recipe contributed by Puspha in Nurkochen forum)


Ingredients:
1½ cups all-purpose flour, or cake flour - I used plain flour and added 1 tsp of baking powder

¼ cup unsweetened cocoa

¾ cup granulated sugar

1 tsp baking soda

¼ tsp salt

½ cup butter or margarine, melted

1 cup milk

1 tbsp vinegar

A little chocolate chips, for topping


Method:
(1) Sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, soda and salt.

(2) Make a well in the centre. Pour the melted butter, milk and vinegar into the well.

(3) Stir until all ingredients are moist.

(4) Spoon the batter into muffin cups.

(5) Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.

(6). Bake in a preheated oven at 180° C for 20 minutes. - I baked for 15 mins

As I have to make 24 muffins, I have prepared the batter for two entries. Heehee.. used raw sugar and butter wasn't soft enough, therefore - my spatula broke in the midst of stirring. *Gosh* In the end, i had a long time mixing till all ingredients are moist and even.. felt so tempted to take out my mixer and letting it do the job, but i endured thru and mission was accomplished! Hooorayy..

Did not managed to capture any pictures as were in a rush, but they taste fabulous! Glad that my muffins were well-received by my buddies. Thanks to the recipe posted by Shiyan.

1 Thoughts of the day:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

i began baking for the first time ever, tried out this recipe, it is AmaZing!

Thanks to all who recommended it!

Best wishes in the kitchen*